There’s a problem in the Catholic Church today.
A lot of Catholics just don’t really believe.
Statistics reveal the following:
- The largest “faith group” in the United States is the Catholic Church.
- The second largest, however, is NOT a Protestant, Jewish, or Muslim group. It’s fallen away (lapsed) Catholics.
- There are more “lapsed Catholics” in America today than Protestants, Jews, or Muslims.
Those Wandering Catholics …
Millions of Catholics roam the streets of America everyday influenced by the whims of media and the chaos of culture. They are defenseless because they don’t know their faith.
For example, many “wandering Catholics” don’t even realize that:
- Jesus is the Founder of the Catholic Church.
- Jesus promised to build it and protect it (Mt 16:18).
- Jesus promised to be with its leaders until the end of the age (Mt 28:20).
- Jesus can keep His promises because He has all the authority (Mt 28:18).
The Holy Eucharist …
According to a recent survey, among those Catholics who do practice their faith, more than half don’t actually believe in the real presence of Jesus in the Holy Eucharist.
They lack faith in spite of what Jesus had to say about His real presence:
- For the bread of God is that which comes down from heaven and gives life to the world. (Jn 6:33)
- Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. (Jn 6:35)
- I am the bread of life. (Jn 6:48)
- This is the bread that comes down from heaven, so that one may eat of it and not die. (Jn 6:50)
- I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats of this bread will live forever; and the bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh.” (Jn 6:51)
- So Jesus said to them, “Very truly, I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. (Jn 6;53)
- Those who eat my flesh and drink my blood have eternal life, and I will raise them up on the last day; (Jn 6:54)
- for my flesh is true food and my blood is true drink. (Jn 6:55)
- Those who eat my flesh and drink my blood abide in me, and I in them. (Jn 6:56)
- Just as the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so whoever eats me will live because of me. (Jn 6:57)
- This is the bread that came down from heaven, not like that which your ancestors ate, and they died. But the one who eats this bread will live forever.” (Jn 6:58)
- And when he had given thanks, he broke it (the bread) and said, “This is my body that is for you. Do this in remembrance of me.” (1 Cor 11:24)
- In the same way he took the cup also, after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.” (1 Cor 11:25)
Bible Study Cartoons …
We’ll do our part for faith formation and discipleship among Catholics today. And we do understand that will happen slowly in small steps — one cartoon and one chuckle at a time. It will take time.
But we can’t do it without you. We need your help!
We need spiritual partners in this work!
We don’t need your money. We do, however, need your prayers and your personal support. You can start by subscribing to the blog (below).
After that, tell your family and friends about BibleStudyCartoons.com and invite them to become “fans” too.
Together, we’ll use these cartoons to help teach Catholics all around us. Pray for those who see the cartoons and articles. And trust in Jesus to do His work!
Subscribe To The “Bible Study Cartoons” Blog …
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.
At the bottom of each cartoon lesson page, there’s a place where you can comment. Respond to the cartoons. Say something to encourage other Catholics to rethink their position on something. Who knows? Maybe something YOU say will help bring someone else more fully into their faith!
Form them well and they will stay Catholic forever!